Followers

12:45 AM

NANO-Second!

Wrote: American Muslima Writer |

Well what have I been doing?

Avoiding too much sugar...yes. But sooo much more!
My friend I told y'all about is Homeschooling her 7 kids. And we decided to combine our Homeschooles.  SO now we have anywhere between 6-9 kids in the house at any one time.  I'm teaching the 5 younger ones (including my 2), while she teaches the older ones.  Alhamdulillah this month so far has been full of fun challenges!  First of all getting my kids up "early" and to her house by 9am. Wow can't beelive the wonders it has done for my scheduling! They wake up early and nap at 2pm when school stops and then stay awake til 8pm and then you guess it GO TO BED EARLY! YAY!! The sight of my children sleeping from 8pm til the morning nearly moved me to tears! It made me downright poetic! I've been trying for months to get them up early and sleeping early and IT NEVER WORKS!!!!!  I 've KNOWN they've always needed somehting to encourage them to face the day, something to look forward to.  Leaving the house and getting to play with their friends and did I mention leaving the house? has done the trick.  They get so exhausted by 2 they crash and quite frankly as son as I get home so do I.  I take a nap for a half hour to an hour and it's nice though.  I really am enjoying it so much.  It's amazing being able to work intimatly with the younger 5 in their various school levels.  There certainly is soemthing to be said for small class sizes!  They are even learning each others work.  The eldest girl of my group was learning number placing (Hundres, thousands, millions, billions, trillions etc...) and her younger sister joined in the lesson.  We went from number placing subject to the origions of words (like Latin) and the meaning of Million, Billion, Trillion and their root words Mi, Bi, Tri... etc... It was just fabulous fun.

What else am I doing?  Well brace yourselves~!

Writing a Novel

YUP! A whole Novel... in one month!!! National Novel Writing Month NaNoWriMo is the challenge to write a 50,000 word novel by Nov. 30.  So Despite my busyness in Hmeschooling and incorporating my new Home Cleaning Schedule and maintainging my Home Mangement Notebook, I've taken on a new book.
I've had the idea of a while now but never really fleshed it out! The title is " Forgotten "
It's going ok, I've gotten about 2,000 words so far which isn't too much liek my other friends have already 7,000 or so... I'm behind bu I'm happy at least I'm trying.  At the end of the month I'll have more words than if I hadn't tried at all, know what I mean.....

So wish me well and make du'a I can do it all.

12 intelligent thoughts:

Ms.Unique said...

Awwww ... Masha Allah am soooooo happy for ya ... :D

Go, go, go for it Insha Allah you'll do it ;)

Insha Allah will definitely make duas :)

.::Tuttie::. said...

it is nearly impossible to read your blog. It has some photobucket sign saying you have exceeded your bandwidth.

BenSharpson said...

As long as you try to always.. ALWAYS.. associate learning with fun, then not only will the kids learn, they'll love the process of learning for the rest of their lives, which sadly is something, the schooling industry routinely oversees or neglects. Instilling the LOVE for learning in young children is just.. priceless!

As for the canon ball novel writing competition, well.. I'm impressed. Even if you don't succeed at finishing the arbitrary 50k target they set, you'll have a momentum for writing fast I advise you utilize for your OWN writing projects.

MUJAHIDA said...

As salamu aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

I'm an italian revert sister, please share it and support your brothers and sisters in Italy. Barak'Allahu fikum.

http://www.mpacuk.org/story/111109/italian-mp-calls-prophet-paedophile.html

soumyana said...

Assalam Alaikum

I can't believe you find time to do all this. Allah must be blessing your time. May Allah bless you more.
One of your novel buddies :-)

Aspiring Muslima said...

ASAK; I am an aspiring novelist, too, and I found your blog just now; i was browsing internet searching for Muslim Blogs.
When I saw how many Islamic blogs you followed, my eyes widened.
A bit of advice; perhaps you could write a summary of some sort saying what the point of your blog is; it would help. Assalamualikum.

American Muslima Writer said...

Thanks tuttie, i changed my blog layout because of this mess keeps happeneing.



THANKS UNIQUE!!! XOXOXXOX


Soumyana, welcome to my blog world hehehe, YAY for us getting through Nano! I'm rooting for you too!

American Muslima Writer said...

Sort of Anon,
Masha'ALlah I loved your comment. Thank you for your supporting and inspiring words :) Welcome to my blog world!

American Muslima Writer said...

Aspiring Muslima,

Masha'ALlah it's so nice to see so many new faces to my blog recently. Makes me also guilty for not updating more..hehehe...

I'm happy to see and meet up with fellow aspiring authors! I highly suggest if you're not already a member of the Islamic Writer's Alliance (located on the left sidebar on my blog) you look into it. It can really fuel your dreams. INSHA'ALLAH!

LOL I totally SHOULD write a summery of my blog but I dunno I guess I don't liek to be trapepd really in a few words description so I let my title talk for me.
I'm an American
I'm a Muslim
I'm a Writer
Who's daring to work towards Jannah no matter what it takes, and this is my thoughts on my life and the world around me.

Hmm now if I were smart I'd probably copy all that into a cute little text box and post it to the top of my blog.... hmm I'll think about it and wonder if people jsut like guessing when they stumble across me....

Hope to see more of you around here :)

Aspiring Muslima said...

I'll definitely, Insha' allah, look into the Islamic Writer's Alliance. Thanks.
In addition, I wanted to invite you to my blog ; muslimteenissues.blogspot.com.
Assalamualikum.

Anonymous said...

I love this game :)

Anonymous said...

Hiya, I am really glad I've found this information. Today bloggers publish just about gossip and internet stuff and this is actually irritating. A good web site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thanks for making this web-site, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters? I Cant find it.

Support Earth Hour March 26, 8:30pm, Turn Off Your Lights!

Earth Hour - Proudly Committed