Followers

Here's 10 honest things you never knew about me...
Tagged by Minty from blog Married1234/Polygamy is it then?







1. I always knew I'd marry someone from the Mediterranean Sea area. I used to figure Spaniard or Italian man, heck even Greek, never figured I'd marry a Lebanese, but so glad I did.


2. I dream of seeing some part of the Arctic Sea from a European Country/Canada/Alaska/Greenland.




3. My heart is nomadic. I could totally live the gypsy/bedouin/sailor/world traveller's life. In fact I vote it should be an International Right that as we only have one life on this world we should be allowed to see it all. This is my ultimate dream in this life.



4. I want to be as famous an Author as J.K. Rowling and Danielle Steele. I wanna be on the front of a publication saying "Follow your dreams, they do come true."




5. I see myself as a person of many talents like a Renaissance Man, I try my hand at everything and see what pops up as roses and what pops up as weeds. If you're afraid to plant the seed or get your hands dirty you'll never find out what you can become.




6. I hate it when mothers say their children are boring to be with. I find it fascinating that every second they are learning something new that will effect their lives. That said, is it TRYING on the nerves to read Goodnight Moon for the 400th time in a row going on 237 days now.... or singing Wheels on the Bus repetitively with the same enthusiasm on the 400th song as you had on the 1st........ hehehe.... but worth it in the end when they finally say Goodnight or show the action for the Granny knitting on the bus....

7. I used to use barney targets at the shooting range with my family. Now you can hear me nearly daily saying "Hey Kids, Look Barney's on!!! YAY!!!!" So shooting Barney in the future will be a Crime Punishable by Death. The panel of Judges will be my children....
Presenting the Honorable Judge Mustapha-Lawrence


8. Johnny Depp is my favorite actor EVER. Seriously, not as in a crush. He's Brilliant! He's not afraid to be different where the world seems to seek "type casts" He always does the unusual and excels. No one will ever think of Pirates the same way without thinking of his role as the quirky Jack Sparrow. And you all KNOW how much I love Pirates... BUT..... My favorite role of his was that of Author James Barry in Finding Neverland..... which leads to the next ......



9. I HAVE a Neverland. I go there often. No one has ever joined me.... I doubt they ever will...









10. I love Masks. I think they are classically beautiful and there are nearly endless variations.
*11 BONUS: I have 160 e-mails waiting in my inbox waiting to be added to my All Muslimah Blog Directory.... the guilt eats away at me every day.... I promise I'm getting to you...


That is me

I tag:
Aalia
Pixie
Safiyyah
Hebayeb
and...
muahahaha
ALL the Bloggers from ALL MUSLIMAH BLOG DIRECTORY....
(*ahem* and those waiting to be added to the list....)

17 intelligent thoughts:

Ms.Unique said...

LOL ... Nice and Interesting random meme ... I think we have some things in common ....

Of course U can only know that when I'm done with the tag ... wahahahah ;)

Susanne said...

I enjoyed reading these things about you. They were so interesting.

Great challenge in #5!

Love the pic of your kid the judge...hahah. :-)

HF said...

get my spelling right! :P

Hmm, Neverland..can i join?!

Desert Housewife A. (The Canadian in Jubail) said...

^^ rofl

Inshaa'Allah I'll do this after lunch :-P

Kris said...

We have some stuff in common on there too. I never expected to marry a Lebanese man either... didn't expect not too, just never thought about it lol.

I want to write too... I've seriously put it on a backburner though.

And I don't get the boring kid thing either. I love being at home w/ mine... I cant imagine anything else!

Ms.Unique said...

Assalamualikum Brandy ... I want a lil favor from U pls if u don't mind lemme knw and I'll leave U a prvt msg ... thanks ...

American Muslima Writer said...

Unique, heheh can't wait...lol this has been a favorite meme to do and to find on the other blogs hehehe.

And sure You know I'd do anything Halal for you ;) If you don't want it on here feel free to e-mail me at AmericanMuslimaWriter@gmail.com

American Muslima Writer said...

Susanna, hehehe yes #5 IS a big challenge but alhamdulillah it has helped my life so much to look at things this way. INsha'Allah it helps others too. Hehehe yeah that picture took me an hour or so to do. Had to find just the right picture to modify ;p hehehe. Also had to find a sober looking pic of my boy which wasnt easy.

American Muslima Writer said...

Hab... ahh so glad to see I ammused you :p and here i was pouring my heart out while my children froliked around the room from 12am to 5am..... :p hehehe

Hmm can you join it well lol I dunno how we'd do long distance neverlanding.... but when we get together we'll have to think of something but beware once you step inside you really gotta Believe ;)

On the other hand the comment about no one entering it follows the movie plot where James Barry's wife couldn't follow him in there but he went off and found a woman who could yet right as she finds it with him she passes away. Sad story but still well done.
That said, my husband doesn't seem the neverland type really although frankly I've never invited him....food to think on if I should invite him or not.... hmm was that last bit supposed to go in Ivory Rouge? Ah well a glimpse for those denied access... :p lol

American Muslima Writer said...

Aalia, Yalla Habibi I'm waitin!!

American Muslima Writer said...

Aww Masha'Allah, it's amazing really. Those Lebanese because of the wars really travels off into the world then years later brought back their brides and grooms and now subhanAllah you can find such a mix of families it's amazing. I met so many wonderful women from all over the world while I was there in Lebanon and the best thing we had in common was married to those "interesting" Lebanese Men.

I hope you're able to pick up the pen again soon. Sounds like you've got a lot of good story there and insha'Allah it will be awesome.

I KNOW! Aren't kids super cool! Always changing too so it really is nearly impossible for things to get dull or boring :)

THanks for your feedback

Sacrifice4Allah said...

As Salaamu 'alaikum,

Loved reading these random facts esp. #3. I agree with you, travelling the world should be done by everyone at least once in their lifetime.

MashaAllah your son looks so cute!

Ms.Unique said...

Assalamualikum Brandy,

Thank U very much.

I've e-mailed U pls chk ... :)

Yasemin said...

I want to know more about this Neverland! It sounds so lovely.

I totally concur with #3! I just want to know how we got to the point where everything had to revolve around money. I mean couldn't everything have just been free to everyone and we could live in harmony :) Remember in the 80's when plane tickets were so outrageous that it wasn't unheard of to pay $1600 from NY to CA? Crazy.

I wish we could be like Sarah Palin and see a piece of the Arctic, well in my case I want to see Russia from Alaska :) But, I'd only want to be like her for a day you know.

I wish we all could be JK Rowling! I just took this how well do you know the H Potter characters on Facebook and got a 100. Scary stuff. But, being her would suck in the sense that stuffy upper class parties with microgreens, beef bone marrow, and lobster don't sound at all fun.

Barney targets LOL! I've never been to a shooting range, but what a great idea!

I also see you as a Renaissance woman. You remind me of this beautiful girl from high school and G Scouts that got her PHD in Art History. She was good at archery too! I think you would be as well, since you were able to shoot Barney easily and hit your targets...

Totally agree about Johnny Depp, I'm suddenly feeling an urge to watch Edward Scissorhands.

I've never been too crazy about masks, but this one is interesting to me! I never went to any costume parties so maybe that's why? Are they expensive though? Love you so very much sweetie, great tag.

Muslim Hippie said...

Question::

What's the " All Muslimah Blog Directory"? And how do you join?

I guess I asked two. Oh well!
Peace.

Ahsan said...

i just love your blog sister.

Anonymous said...

Mash Allah, nice to here of another american muslimah from AZ Salaam, I'm anna, native of Phoenix, currently in Tunis :) glad to know of ya!

salaam

Support Earth Hour March 26, 8:30pm, Turn Off Your Lights!

Earth Hour - Proudly Committed