Followers

7:14 PM

BAYT JADEED, HAYYAT JADEED

Wrote: American Muslima Writer |

NEW HOUSE, NEW LIFE.

My friend said this to us recently as we moved house and so far it's working well as a new slogan.


We moved from the mind numbing dreariness of Al Quoz Industrial 2 Emirates Accomodation Al Khail Gate, (enjoy that Google Search Terms) to the interesting (yet still dreary sand-laden) area of Nahda 2, Dubai.  We live near NMC Hospital & Emirates Residence (Hotel Apartments-with nice green Neon lights at night so we can find our home easily).  Local ammenities include a Masjid (Khadijah), a park down the road NAHDA POND PARK, a dozen restaurants, pharmacies, schools, etc.... it's actaully quite the happeneing area...besides the stretches of empty land and sand between the buildings.  OK so it's not MIRDIFF frothing with trees and oozing expatness but still it's our new home and I love it thus far.

The house is a two bedroom but soooo spacious. (As it better damn well better be for the price I'm paying).
It has two and a half bathrooms. One for me (connected to my room Woo Hooo!) one for the kids and the half for the cats. That's right my cats have their own potty. Mabruk cats!
Also a few days before moving my lovely Persian Mama cat had a litter of babies bringing our total of 3 cats to 7!  YES 7!!!!!! Four wiggling cute babies. Which I only wanna keep one, the Black one called Licorice!
I love my black little jelly bean. Just wanna eat it!
Been busy unpacking and sorting out my life more. Seems long term my hecktic job of various hours isn't gonna be good for my life (who'd of thunk it) so I'm seeing if I can set up a private tuition thing of English Teaching and set my own hours and such. Probably better over all. But I'll keep my day job just in case....
I can't even remember the last time i was on the Net or blogged but I'm sure it's been months. I can't believe I used to have time to blog two or three posts in a day!!! Those were the days eh?
I do miss my online and internet pals a lot though. My life right now has no time for friends which is so sad. The only friends I get to talk to now are my consistant students. The ones I see three times a week for two hours. For 6 weeks then I have to hope they come back for more..... hmmmm odd friendship?
Anyways so I'm hoping with the move it'll bring me closer to more social events for my family especially my kids who are now getting old enough to need more social interaction. SO I'll get in touch with the Dubai and Sharjah Muslim Homeschoolers again and see what they are up to, as I now live on the border to Sharjah both events are do-able.
So here's looking to a new year of great plans...and a new life.
BAYT JADEED, HAYYAT JADEED!!!!

5 intelligent thoughts:

Unknown said...

Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmathullah wa barakatuhu
Mashallah, it's great to see you are still blogging and have made the move to Dubai - I was there two years ago and found it an uncomfortable place, as I do most of the Gulf states. But I am not talking politics LOL.
I am back and will be blogging again soon insha'Allah. SO much has happened in the past three and a half years but it is wonderful to find the first old friend I visit (you) seems to be have been protected by Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and has found a happy place.
May Allah (swt) bless and protect you and your children, husband and all who you love. Ameen.
Hugs Aliyah

ummAbdillah said...

As salaamu alaikum warahmatullah...ok, I feel as though I've been here b4! OH! Possibly because I WAS and did type a lovely lil' note to you (which got wiped away when I accidentally hit the 'back' button on my phone Grrrrrr)...but now I'll keep it brief 'til we meet/speak in person *smile*

ummAbdillah said...

As salaamu alaiki,
Seriously ukhti, I'm goin' for try nmbr 3 to get this msg to you *smile* crazzzzzzzzy! Won't even attempt too much 'Kalam'

ummAbdillah said...

Please email me...I live in Shj and homeschool too!

YesImMuslim said...

In my opinion cats make a house into a home. They are little cuddle-bundles of love and energy! I have 2sphynx cats and can't imagine the home without them! Don't stress too much about friendships - Insh'Allah, Allah will bring you just the right ones and in the meantime He's just being posessive and wants you ALL to himself, subhannallah! Loved your blog!

Support Earth Hour March 26, 8:30pm, Turn Off Your Lights!

Earth Hour - Proudly Committed