Followers

12:48 PM

Tagged: 5 Things...

Wrote: American Muslima Writer |

5 Things!

5 Things I was doing 10 years ago

  • I was 14 and in 9th grade of High School.
  • Wearing Black lipstick and short spikey hair and being goth/punk/rebel. This one girl called me a dyke (masculine lesbian) and I rethought my style after that. though later she appologised saying she was on acid when she said it.
  • I was Atheist and would proudly debate with anyone "religious" how there "was No God"
  • Started writing novels more often using most of my time to write now.
  • I hit the big 200lbs that year and couldn't get it lower than 200 for a few years after that. Then after getting it off 200 in 11th grade I gained it after I got married from stress/depression (not related to my husband lol) and couldn't get it off until this past year (see *SWEATY HIJAB*)
5 Snacks I Like
  • Riz wa Halib [Rice Pudding] (I'm with ya there Aalia!)
  • Black Olives in salty brine not oil. The whole Olive so you can put it on your fingers and wiggle them menecingly at people.
  • Jello (Halal) my fav flavor is Pineapple or Cherry.
  • Homemade popcorn or caramel popcorn..... man KEEP IT AWAY FROM ME PLZ or i WILL eat it ALL!
  • CHERRIES!!!! YUMMMMMMM! esp the "in season" Cherries in Lebanon every summer Ohhh man. My M-I-L knows she's gotta get me some and I'll be so happy. Course I know I'll hog them so I always buy three kilos more for "everyone" ;)
5 things I would do if I was a (multi-)millionaire
  • Build a large masjid with a LARGE women's area and I'd spend my whole time (besides caring for my family) taking care of it and cleaning it Ya Rabb!
  • Open a large Orphanage for needy children around the world and they'd all be taught homeschool style by individual tutors. Ya Rabb!
  • Buy my parents-in-law a beautiful house in the Jabal(mountains) of Lebanon with a beautiful view for their summer house and a room for every one of their children(with their children) that come to visit and sleep over. And buy them a large home in Beirut and maybe even a whole building for all the family to live in. Ya Rabb!
  • Buy my parents their own private jet to come visit me all the time. And of course they'd have thier own house too. Ya Rabb!
  • Get myself a live-in maid (who'd I'd pay extremely well and she can have her own house with her husband and kids next door to me) so that my husband can be always happy with a perfectly clean house constantly. And I can consintrate on my family and writing and homeschooling. Ya Rabb!
5 places I have lived ( for various lengths of times)

  • Tucson, Arizona, USA
  • Tempe/Mesa, Arizona, USA
  • Greater Beirut (Dequaine, Nai'me), Lebanon
  • Sannaiya, Al-Ain, UAE
  • Kuwaitat, Al-Ain, UAE

5 Jobs I have had

  • Student - hey school is tough I totally consider it a job.
  • Hospital - Volunteer helper for running errand, refilling things, answering phones etc.
  • Personal Assistant - Helping a massues with keeping track of her daily life and doing misc. for her
  • English Nursery (Pre-School) Teacher - In Lebanon and UAE. (and a babysitter before that in AZ lol)
  • Movie Theater Worker: Made Aalia's favorite Popcorn and Nachos ;) , cleaned theaters (not as gross as people would think it is), cleaned lobby, took tickets, sold tickets etc....
5 people I Tag


5 intelligent thoughts:

Ms.Unique said...

It's soooooo nice to know more about people .... I loved this questionaire ..... nice answers toooooo .... :)

HF said...

oye, i had tagged u too for this ..better put up my name there as well :P

Anonymous said...

Assalaamu alaikum,

Yay! A tag... an easy way for me to try to get back into blogging.

Interesting reading your answers Brandy. :)

N

Anonymous said...

By the way... I'm on wordpress now remember, not blogger! ;)

Kim said...

As salam alaikum ukhti.

MashAllah u live right on my door step and u know Aalia too.. woohoo. InshAllah would be nice to be in contact. im a british revert to islam, 25, married.. u can ask Aalia the rest lol. would be nice to hear from u, im jst on the boarder of al ain.

hiyyach Allah

Support Earth Hour March 26, 8:30pm, Turn Off Your Lights!

Earth Hour - Proudly Committed