Followers

7:04 AM

Condolences for Uncle John

Wrote: American Muslima Writer |

My Uncle who was terminally Ill has passed away December 23rd, 2008 at 2:45pm. He was 78 years old. He is survived by his widow Marie.

My mother had this to say about his last few days alive:
"Friday afternoon, and all day Saturday John seemed to be doing just fine. I brought the note you (Brandy) wrote to him and Marie Sunday morning. Marie was going to read it to John but John grabbed it from Marie's hand and read it himself, with a BIG smile on his face. After reading it he whispered," That was a nice note."
But then yesterday [Tuesday 22nd] we all went to see him and Marie, at the Hospice near their house, and he seemed to be a little more tired but he was still cracking jokes and talking a bit. This morning [Wednesday 23rd] about 6:45 am John took a turn for the worst. His breathing wasn't as deep as it had been. I got to the Hospice at 8:30 this morning, right after Marie. John knew that Marie was there with him this morning, even though, he never opened his eyes. Marie was holding his hand and John would gently squeeze it in answer to --"John I am here, squeeze my hand if you hear me. Periodically Marie would stroke his forehead to give him comfort. She did it about 2:35 and he felt cold, or clammy. She called the nurse in to check. The nurse said that she did not hear his heart. That nurse went to get another nurse for verification of John's dieing. The 2nd one confirmed the first nurse's findings and they pronounced John's death at 2:45 pm."

So alhamdulillah he went pretty peacefully. Again if people would like to express condolences to my Aunt and family I will gather and e-mail them to her. Thank you for those who gave kind words for my Uncle before he died. Please put where you are located at. And if it is possible can they please be entirely in English or if there is arabic have translation (like Allah=God, alhamdulillah = Praise be to God etc...) because my Aunt doesn't understand it. I appreciate your thinking of my family in their time of need. May Allah bless your families as well in their time of need.
"To God we belong and to Him is our return"

7 intelligent thoughts:

Hijabee said...

I'm really sorry for your loss! May God help your family cope with this and make it easy for your aunt Mary. It's hard to lose a loved one but I get the feeling that John knew she was sitting right next to him and that might have given him some comfort. They were together till death did them apart.

Adventurous Ammena said...

Im sorry to hear this sis.. I sympathise for you and your family (Ive been through the same recently) I pray that your auntie finds the strength to get through this testing time and remember that God willing he is in a better place now.

Katherine said...

Many condolences to you and your family.May god continue to send his many blessings and keep you safe.Chitra in the U.S.

Susanne said...

I am sorry for your family's loss. (((HUGS!)))

~ Susanne in NC

iMuslimah said...

"Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un"

"We are to God, and we are to Him returning."

May God provide your Uncle with a peaceful and spacious resting place, and may He ease your grief and mourning during this time.

Inspired Muslimah said...

Iam sorry for you loss sis. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

American Muslima Writer said...

Thank you and I will send them to her.

Support Earth Hour March 26, 8:30pm, Turn Off Your Lights!

Earth Hour - Proudly Committed