Followers

12:23 PM

Parenting: Sleeping Kids

Wrote: American Muslima Writer |

Ohh man, Last night I was up all night with two cuties who refused to sleep. It was a vicious cycle. The baby would cry for milk/diaper change/cuddling/rocking to sleep/playing all night. My 3yrs daughter wanted nothing but to lay next to me where ever i was. But she wasn't sleepy. 4 is definitly a crowd in bed so I kept having to go back and forth between the kids and try to convince the suddenly unattachable daughter to stay in her bed. She's just so clingy at night now. It's cute but definitly annoying when the baby is up too! Has anyone out there had this problem with their pre-schooler?

5 intelligent thoughts:

iMuslimah said...

Assalamu alaykum ;)

I have no advice to offer you LOL. Ill be checking to see what comments come your way, as I am expecting our first very soon InshaAllah, and am terrified of having to bed share. (What little sleep I will get, needs to be real LOL). We both work full time.....

Any advice for me????

Ciao!

iMuslimah

American Muslima Writer said...

Bed Sharing has it's pluses and minues. Especialy breastfeeding while laying down (it can be a back killer to remain in same position for half an hour then fall asleep like that) but it can be nice if you don't want to wake up and get up and go to the crib get baby find a place to settle and feed it then put it back in bed without waking it and go back to sleep....EVERY TWO HOURS! I find it easier to just hear crying, lift shirt, give to babay, and both fall asleep when finished. I like being close to my kids and letting them snuggle with me. The problem of course comes when it's time to teach them to stay in their own bed. I tried for like 2 days to get my baby to sleep in his crib but he absolutly refused so I don't mind to share.
The most important thing is getting yourself comfortable and then talking it over with your husband who also has to share with a baby. I cushion a pillow between my babay and my hubby so they both know not to roll on each other. (though my hubby is usually careful anyways).
The thing that keeps me always waking up is to make sure my son isn't being smothered by the blanket. SOmetimes my husband flips and drags the blankerts over his head and I have to always fix them ALL NIGHT LONG!
This is only my personaly examples though and not the majority of opinions but check parenting websites for more plus and minuses.

Miss Muslimah said...

Your blog ate my comment!
I just wrote what i thought was a long comment and i get told theres been a duplicate error! Aaaarrrr!

American Muslima Writer said...

I'm so sorry! I hate when that happens to me too! It's like Ugh I don't have the energy and time to re-write it now! hehehe so come back when you're free to write it!

Umm Ibrahim said...

Assalaamu alaikum,

Aaaaah, musical beds! This goes on in my household too! lol. As for the baby - I have come to the conclusion that co-sleeping gives me the best night's sleep so I just cuddle up with baby and enjoy!

Umm Ibrahim

Support Earth Hour March 26, 8:30pm, Turn Off Your Lights!

Earth Hour - Proudly Committed