Followers

6:45 AM

Bedouin Blood

Wrote: American Muslima Writer |

Have you ever had that urge?
That urge to travel far and wide and see the whole of the Earth?
Ever thought of how beautiful it must be to just be able to roll up your house every day and go forth into a new day not knowing what new things you might see or experience?
Do you ever feel your blood comes from Bedouins? Gypsies? Nomads?
Do you ever think that we only have approximately 80 years to live and only one chance to view the whole world?
Do you ever feel like these four walls weren't meant to be all you see of life?
Have you ever wanted to wander an Irish field, dip your toes in an Australian Ocean, eat an Italian grape, smell Florida orange blossoms, eat a taco in Mexico, live in an igloo in Alaska or Canada, walk the streets of London, sail the seven seas, touch the south pole, pray at Mecca, walk through a Chinese rice patty, sink your fingers deep into foreign soil and know that you exist here and now and four walls can never keep you from the world?

10 intelligent thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Seeing the world is the whole reason I was born honey. :)

HF said...

ahh....i DO feel like this when i just feel like going away somwehere faaaaaaar.....and these feelings come when im usually feeling blue.

Adventurous Ammena said...

yes, yes and yes.. I want to do all of that.. travelling is in my blood. Even within one country, I moved continueously when I was a kid. Now moved over to canada, going back to UK to different part, then insha'allah in the future move to Algeria. There are so many places of the world I still want to see. Alhamdulillah I travelled with my mum quite alot when I was younger all over europe masha'allah but I want to see areas from a different perspective now as a muslimah insha'allah.

Najeeba said...

Salam,
I thought I was the only person who was so crazy about traveling like the Nomads. I one said to hubby, "If I reach Janna,insah allah, I'll ask Allah to put me once again on earth so that I can walk around and see all the places." I pray to reach Janna. And I'm pretty sure that I can't do that now, in this life. Money, health and some international and national disputes, etc really a problem. And when Allah puts me back on earth, I'll sure 'wander an Irish field, dip my toes in an Australian Ocean, eat an Italian grape, smell Florida orange blossoms, eat a taco in Mexico, live in an igloo in Alaska or Canada, walk the streets of London, sail the seven seas, touch the south pole, pray at Mecca, walk through a Chinese rice patty, sink my fingers deep into foreign soil and know that I exist here and now and four walls can never keep me from the world.'
:-)

Umm Ibrahim said...

Oh yes, I definitely have that urge and feel that I have the blood of a nomad! Having a family puts this on hold though. :/

Desert Housewife A. (The Canadian in Jubail) said...

Yuppers, I always knew I wanted to break out from the small-town/confined city girl mold and see whats out there...

Currently I have never been out of Canada but that will chance sooon insha'Allah :-D

American Muslima Writer said...

Anon: I feel ya!

Hab it is amazing when peoplea re upset their thoughts naturally drift to what is better waiting for them outthere in the unknown world.

Ammena: Mashallah what an amazing chance you've had to see a lot of the world already and inshallah more into the future :D I hope you get your chance to see Europe again and more.

American Muslima Writer said...

Najeeba what a beautiful wish for Jannah insha'Allah He grants you the ability to see the whole world.
I'm glad you as passionate as me about nomadic life. It's amazing really the beautiful things there are to see in this life. I'm glad you commented again because i couldn't find your link for a while :) Now I've gone an read half a dozen of your last posts and I'm eager to reply to them :)

Umm Ibrahim: thanks for chiming in! WHy does it put you on hold? Isn't there a way to travel and deal with family? SOmehting maybe for you and hubby to talk about :) I'm sure your kids would love catching the travel bug.

American Muslima Writer said...

Aalia: Insha'Allah ypu'll see many beautiful places in this world before your time is up dear. And just think many have never seen your beautiful land and wish to (raises hand) you could definitly feature pictures about your city or area and others could dream of the day to see them in person too.

Anonymous said...

Subhanallah ... I became aware that you love travelling and seeing different places but I did not know you want it that bad! Your words moved me subhanallah... We are blessed we share the aspect of travelling... I just pray that we will be able to move to another country soon...I really hope we move to a cold country for a change...enough of boiling sand already!


The Last Samurai

Support Earth Hour March 26, 8:30pm, Turn Off Your Lights!

Earth Hour - Proudly Committed