Followers

4:13 AM

First Steps!

Wrote: American Muslima Writer |

My boy took his first steps last night at just under(3 days until...) 10 months! We were getting ready to leave when I stood him up to practice his standing and not falling. He stood for a few moments about 15 seconds which for him is a record! Then I had him stand again and I said Tah (come in Leb Arabic slang) [Tahlahon] and HE JUST STEPPED TO ME!!!!! JUST LIKE THAT!!! MASHA'ALLAH!!! I had Hubby run to get the camera to film it. He did and I'll try to load the film here. I couldn't beleive it. My daughter didn't step until she was one. SHe did it the normal way though of trying to stand and balance and THEN walk. Not my boy oh no he has places to go! He can't even get from laying flat on his back to sitting up without assistance. (I mean without rolling over and getting t his knees) He can't even balance on his feet for long. HE CAN'T EVEN stand without holding something to get to standing position yet his little brain (by the will of ALlah) told him to get going and take some steps! AHHHH!!! TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't mind any squeeling from me in the video! EEEEeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 intelligent thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Salaam,

He is to cute...MashaAllah....you have a beautiful family....I saw the princess sleeping on the couch...lol... naps are a blessing from Allah(swt) to a mother....Your hubby sounded so proud....I was laughing at him saying....Again, again, again.....lol..And yes your son must is going to be important one day he is trying to walk so early....he has places to go.........Time to put up all the goodies around the house so he doesnt grab onto something he isnt supposed to have huh? lol..InshaAllah

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh how exciting AMW...Mashallah... Just waith until he learns to walk. Today I babysat some kids an oh boy were they a menace. The littlest one is about a year old and she walks everywhere and looks a like crazy crab on reverse. Anyhow.. you have such a beautiful family.

Inshallah, I can have one like that of my own.. one day :)

Anonymous said...

oh btw... I was cringing all the time his little head got close to the table corner...

Anonymous said...

Mash'Allah....

American Muslima Writer said...

Thanks AM! Yes Princess just went to sleep (right before we wanted to go..it's not easy to drag a sleeping 3yr old places like it is a babay in a carrier) and missed the fun but it gave us time to work with the lil Prince on his walking. Hubby (hmm the king? or does that place too much authority in the name?) Looooves his kids so much and always loves to play with them.
Ohhh yes I've put aay small toys from his reach and there is only a few things now in his reach taht is dangerous that i can't really move and will just always keep a mother's eye out for.

Yas: Oh I love this age between crawling and walking where everything is amazing and they are changin by the day. Then 1 year hits and BAM they are so mobile and you're running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. May Allah grant you a beautiful family one day Yasmine.
Yeah taht table makes me nervous but he's learned his way around it pretty well now. And he was actaully not very cloe to it and I was holding him or ready to hold him when he falls. Alhamdulliah.

Thanks Umm Abdur-Rahmaan :)

Safiyyah said...

Salaams Sis:

Oh, Masha Allah! Thank you sooo much for sharing that with us. It provided me with smiles to start my day :)

Miss Muslimah said...

He is absolutley adorable,masha'allah....

Umm Ibrahim said...

Assalaamu alaikum

Masha'Allah so cute! Even my 18month old came running over to the computer to watch the vid clip, lol!

Desert Housewife A. (The Canadian in Jubail) said...

TabarakAllah! Insha'Allah Abdullah will start walking, I cant wait :-D

Houda said...

MashaAllah he is so cute! I love the pride in your husband's voice!!

Thanks for giving me a giggle!

Absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute and funny! I bet he kept wondering why mommy was putting him back just when he reached you. But he looked like he was having fun. Congrats to you and your family on his first steps...it is an excitement moment!

Anonymous said...

Masha Allah! He is so sweet, so happy to fall into your arms after a step or two! Reminds me of my dear grandson who is at the same age and stage. Your video gave me a smile that lasted all day long!

American Muslima Writer said...

Wow thanks for all these sweet comments!!! I'm really and sincerely happy I could give you all some smiles and laughs, and masha'Allah your 18 months old came to watch too LOL!!
I was soo fun to experiene something new for him and he looked so thrilled to try it. He was refusing the first two times we tried to get him to stand because he was ebing stubborn and wanted to get the camera so my Hubby stood above me to encouage him to get up. it worked!

L_Oman said...

So sweet! :)

Anonymous said...

lol trust me the later they start the bETTER !my girl started walking fully at 8 months , the girl was moving at near 3 months ! trust me its exhuasting all you end up doing is running up and down , well at least you lose weight :P

Anonymous said...

Assalaamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

Awwww Mash'Allah so cute! Alhamdullilah you had the camera readily available!

HF said...

salaam!
came in here thru sis aali's blog n masha'allah ur son is just TOO CUTE!!!! i just cudnt stop saying "awww" !!!

Najeeba said...

Salam sis,
That was really cute...!!! I've got no more words to express my feelings. Both of you are blessed with kids... We havn't yet got one :( . Insha Allah, hope we will also have one. Do pray for us.

Support Earth Hour March 26, 8:30pm, Turn Off Your Lights!

Earth Hour - Proudly Committed