Followers

1:49 AM

Welcome New Baby!

Wrote: American Muslima Writer |

Masha'Allah my sister-in-law (my husband's youngest brother's wife) just had her first baby and it's a boy! Masha'Allah what a cutie!!! Thursday I went to Al-Ain Mall to get my kids tired out and about 9:30pm when my hubby picked us up he notified me that she was in labor. Around 10:30ish his brother called and said she delivered alhamdulliah easily. Talk about the easier labor I ever heard of. She went for a check up in Abu-Dhabi and the doc put her on a monitor and saw she was already having contractions and she didn't even feel them. (!!!!!!) SO he said stay here and within thirty minutes she was knocked out and having her Cecerean. Her husband got to cut the cord though!!! How cool. Then after she woke she got to see her beutiful baby. Though her after birth pains of the stitches make up for the fact that she didn't have labor pains at all. So alhamdulillah that Friday we packed up the car and headed to ABu-Dhabi to see the family. Her family was there visiting too. I got to be the first person to clip his nails!!!! She was doing good except for the stitches pain. We stayed for a long time until finally we had to head back so hubby would have enough time to sleep before work the next day (I HATE ONE DAY WEEKENDS). On Sunday I had him take over my old baby clothes to their house and soon maybe tomorrow we will visit them at their home.
I had thought for a long time about having a milk baby and I worked up the courage to ask her if I could be a milk mother to her baby and vise versa if she wants (yani she feeds my son too) and subhanAllah she agreed. She has a milk brother so she knows the benefits of it. So I'm so happy that insha'Allah later (after her milk is established) I can finally have a milk baby! [I just hope she doen't change her mind though, maybe it was hormones talking? hehehe hopefully not]
So mabrouk to her and her family. Now all of my husband's brothers (and one older sister) have children and only one younger sister is left--but there is no rush she is young :) (Love ya darling if you're reading this!!!) It's amazing to see how the family has grown in the last 5 years that I've known them.

6 intelligent thoughts:

Miss Muslimah said...

My husbands friends wife had asked me if i wanted to be her sons suckling mother-i had just given birth to my son a few days earlier and he was sick in the hospital about to have surgery,sooo I turned her down...at the time i was so stressed and worried about my son,I couldnt think about anything else...I dont know if I could do it though...

Btw,I tagged you..go take a look..

Houda said...

My daughter was breast-fed by my sis for 12 days straight due to blood clots I had after her birth. I was on meds and the docs told me to stop breastfeeding as the baby would have side-effects. It was an awful time but thanks to sis I continued to breastfeed hana for 14 months. I had to pump my milk though the whole time to keep my supply up.

Hana's 'milk bro' is here right now! lol they love playing together

Yasmine said...

Is breast feeding other children (not your own) normal in the muslim world..? My mother fed her sister for a while I think. ... i guess thats cool.

the whole breast feeding things is kind of weird to me eventhough all the women in my family are really into that. It must feel weird to have a child suckling on your breasts, evenmore with another baby. I guess its a very beautiful experience that is what i have been told..

American Muslima Writer said...

Miss Muslimah: Of course prefference must first go to your family and then to others. ALhamdulliah someone asked you though, maybe in the future you'll have the chance again. Subhana'Allah what was the surgery for?

My hijab:Masha'Allah see how beautiful it can be! Now she has a brother and ONE MORE PERSON in the world she doesn't have to wear hijab for. I'm glad she was able to feed your daughter at such a time of need for you. How do you feel about her having obligations to visit her (as a milk mother not aunty) and such do you feel it is worth it?

American Muslima Writer said...

Yasmine: Dear we are all at that stage at one point in our lives where the thought of something half of us which was brought out by us and then suckled by us is absolutly foriegn idea. Then we get married and get used to being "exposed" and being handled ;). Durring preg. we have the time to think about the fact our bodies automatically take care of it's bundle of joy until delivery when the baby is born with natural sucking instinct. It's so amazing subhan'Allah that you just put the baby on the breast and it will start sucking all on it's own usually with no outside help needed. It feels cozy and right and yes absolutly beautiful. Someone always there for you to literally be living for. That your body is sustaining another's life is awesome concept. Masha'Allah. I really love breastfeeding babies and if I never have any more of my own I hope I'll at least have a few milk-babies. When i weaned my daughter I was probably more sad than she was and to this day she can't fall asleep easily unless she's curled up with me with her hand on my tummy just like when she was a baby. So though it's weird now later insha'Allah you will find out how wonderful life can be and how many new things you have to experience.

Miss Muslimah said...

My son was born with congenital heart defects.He had his first surgery when he was 10 days old- he had a coarctation of the aorta.When he was 6 months old he had his next surgery.Open heart surgery for an av canal defect.

He is well now,alhamdulillah! And insha'allah he will require no further surgeries in the future,alhamdulillah....
I wrote a post about him when I first started blogging-that post is called Mi Carazon(my heart).....

Support Earth Hour March 26, 8:30pm, Turn Off Your Lights!

Earth Hour - Proudly Committed