Followers

1:41 AM

Soldier Shoots Qur'an

Wrote: American Muslima Writer |

This moron shot the Qur'an, my beloved book of all books, 14 times and wrote nasty things inside. He's an American Soldier in Iraq and did this IN IRAQ. The public protested and the US worried this could cause a whole lotta strife between US and Iraq and the world so they were rushing to apologise and do what they could to correct the situation which I commend BUT I think the soldier is getting off too easy. He was sent home and dissaplined. More should be done so this doesn't happen in the future. They apologised so fast to appease the Muslims not to have world-wide protests. I think we should have world wide protests anyways so the next moron with a gun thinks twice before violating our HOLY BOOK FROM GOD.
While we're at it we should realize the world really seems to quake under the wrath of Muslims worldwide
"Bloody protests have sometimes been held across the Muslim world when the Islamic faith has been insulted. The swift apology by the U.S. commanders appeared aimed at avoiding similar violence in Iraq."
(ALHAMDULILLAH!) and use our strength to "protest" more important things like the fact MUSLIMS who read the Qur'an are dying. We boycotted danish products when they made the imfamous cartoon. WHy aren't we boycotting ALL products by all countries that are against Muslims? We number 1/5th of the world's population and are growing and we have to ENCOURGE our brothers and sisters to protest about names used wrong, cartoons drawn, qur'an's shot, when we should be protesting EVEN MORE about us MUSLIMS dying, unable to pray or read qur'an, or teach our children even Bismillah anymore. Sometimes I wish so hard that the Mehdi comes to unite the Muslims and establish Islmaic State and Shari'a just so we will finally be united and people will really fear the wrath of the Muslims.

Here's the story link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24693647&GT1=43001

9 intelligent thoughts:

Yasmine said...

Mehdi..? are you shia.. just wondering. don't worry i am not here to get psycho and judge you. You are my sister in Islam. Jsut wondering ... :)

Assalam Alaykum

American Muslima Writer said...

Whoa what a weird comment yas darling. I'm Sunni (let's make that one clear off the bat) and you're asking this in realtion to the word Mehdi? I dunno why maybe something you know about SHias. I don't know TOO much abou them. Dunt wanna knwo either right now.
The Mehdi is a figure who will come to lead the world in Islam and Prophet Jesus ('Isa) will follow him in respecting him as the leader of the Muslims. I'm hoping to do a post later abou this man and the major signs of the Day of Judgement coming. It's very important to keep learning about Islam.

Yasmine said...

Yeah... I apologize about the randomness of the question.. I never heard of a mehdi. I heard and learned the shiites believe that some figure will come to save them like a savior which is really christian like. I never heard that or was ever mentioned to me or anywhere in islamic sites or by my muslim sisters or my imam. So its not like I don't try to learn my Islam. lol. I just never heard that but I just called up my imam and he confirmed we do. hmmm... thats weird..

I hope you did not get upset. It was just a question...

Salam, Yasmine

American Muslima Writer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
American Muslima Writer said...

Miss Muslimah do you see why we need to finish our dual posts within a week? So people like our dear Yas can be educated. I was a bit wishy-washy about researching but now I see the need and I'm very commited. We are on sista.

Yas, believe me i took no offence. I understand as new muslimah (ESPECIALLY IN USA) we don't always learn what we should. I never learned any of this until my 3rd or 4th year of Islam. If you want a quick preview go see Aalia's (on my blogroll) blog and look in her old posts abou the day of judgement.

Yasmine said...

Personally, I find this concept rather deviant. Something this important should have been mentioned in the quran. How come other sources do not confirm it other than Sunan Abu Dawood. I will look into the authenticity of these hadit because I DO FEAR TO COMMIT SHIRK unlike many who just follow without confirmation.

17:36 "And do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge. Indeed, the hearing, the sight and the heart - about all those [one] will be questioned."

9:31 "They have taken their SCHOLARS AND MONKS as lords besides Allah, and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him."

Like I mentioned My imam confirmed that SOME sunni's adopt this concept. all my islamics books do not mention this concept.. so there is a reason for that.

The Quran only speaks of Jesus doing so. So why do we stray from the truth?

4:159 "And there is none from the People of the Scripture but that he will surely believe in Jesus before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection he will be against them a witness."

43:61 "And indeed, Jesus will be [a sign for] knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me. This is a straight path."

btw.. living in the middle east does signify one is more educated in their islam. sometimes I feel as if its otherwise. Again I just want to apologize if I insulted you but that was not my intentions. It seems by your responses to me but thats ok. I will overlook it.

Salam, Yasmine

Miss Muslimah said...

well,Ill see what information i can pull up to start this post...ill try to look up some things tonight....hopefully my post wont SUCK! lol....ill let you know when I write mine...tomorrow is friday so i hope to have it done by friday...cuz I take weekends off from blogging...LOL

American Muslima Writer said...

Lets make it for next friday then bcuz no way i can research and write all that in one night esp with hubs home all day tommorrow gotta act all perfect housewifey dontcha know.
Yas hon. I don't like your term devient. The Signs of the Day of Judgement are as well know to the consensus of the Muslim nation as other Hadith are. Allah revealed to Muhammad the signs so we can watch for them and I was just saying sometimes it looks like it's coming up soon and I hope that the Mehdi sure puts people in the right Islamic place. Yani kicking out the royalty of Saudi who are corrupted and stealing msulim wealth and then he'll be in charge and implimenting real shar'ia and making it effective. I'm sorry you haven't learned baou thtis yet and I didn't mena to offend YOU because I never learned JACK until I went to Lebanon and fianlly leared even the simplest basic beliefs. This is why MM and I wanna write a post to hopefully educate poepel about these important events to happen.
Salam dear Yas.

Yasmine said...

No... please girls I am not urging anyone to EDUCATE ME NOW.. lol. don't worry I have plenty of resources. I don't want to cause stress on anyone. I have enough stress myself as of right now, being sleep deprived, starved and insane with finals. (Wish my mom made me a meal instead of complaining how thin and sleep deprived I look....grrrrr)

I am ALMOST DONE ALHAMDULILAH, tomorrow is the last day of finals. I think I AM ON THE VERGE OF insanity right now. lol

Assalam Alaykum, Yasmine ;)

Support Earth Hour March 26, 8:30pm, Turn Off Your Lights!

Earth Hour - Proudly Committed