Followers

6:37 PM

Poem: Closed Eyes

Wrote: American Muslima Writer |

I got to write a page in one of my books today and it was sheer joy again to hold a pen and be enthralled in my book. Then later a poem came to mind that I wrote when I was 13. I was at the bowling alley with my parents and thinking about all these married couples and how many of them were truly happy. Now this poem has more meaning for me because some days it reflects my entire mood about marriage. Other times it springs to mind when I read other's struggles with marriage. So for all of you out there men or women this is for you. (please be decent and ask permission before using it anywhere, it's copyrighted.)
Closed Eyes
there is no joy in telling you about my day
for you just smile and look away
you ramble on and i listen patiently
but when i speak you refuse me blatantly
i know you don't care i can see it in your eyes
you look contemptuous in your goodbyes
i go to bed crying
and wake up wishing i were dying
i feel i'll have to leave you forever and ever
but to your heart i know that would sever
alas, you still think i'm happy
you still cannot see
~Brandy A Chase (c)1997

0 intelligent thoughts:

Support Earth Hour March 26, 8:30pm, Turn Off Your Lights!

Earth Hour - Proudly Committed