Followers

1:10 PM

Choose one?

Wrote: American Muslima Writer |


Think hard:
"Hypothetical Question":

There is a new law in all first world and second world countries stating you can only have one child. In the next 72 hours armed government officials will be coming to everyone's house and taking all but one of your children. Unless they were born as twins. Which must be documented.

Do you choose to be a law abiding citizen and give up your children? If so how do you choose which one to keep?

Do you choose to run from the law and take your children and family away where no government officials will find you? If so where will you go and how will you keep the gov from finding you?

Don't make fun of anyone who chooses something different that what you'd pick ok. This is open to all points of view. Let's hear them....

11 intelligent thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Bc,

oh allah(swt) ill' be honest ......after holding the most important people on this earth in my arms.....today..........i swear i will run......

and sadly to say if i ever got caught.....i refuse to give up one of my kids.and since my government is unislamic..i think (no judgements please).....i would martyr me and my kids.......or die trying to get away again

Ms.Unique said...

Alhamdulillah that I'm living in a shariah abiding country already though there are drawbacks .... and dats what I'd do run away to a country which allows having more than one kid ....

Susanne said...

Wow, what a question. :-)

Definitely I would never hand over my loved ones to a godless society. I would either stay and trust God to protect my family (such as He did for Moses' family when they chose to disobey Pharoah's order to kill all male Hebrew babies)OR I would ask Him for direction on where to go. Really, I would seek His will for my family and trust Him to keep my loved ones in His care. He is bigger than godless governments. Amen? :-)

Yasemin said...

I'm running all the way. Though this isn't a problem for me, we know what some governments (ok just the Chinese) do when these kids are taken into their custody. You know starve them, dump them in a river. So I'm running with both children to America. I probably wouldn't mind a Sharia country either, but I know America will protect the kids under her laws. Love this post Brandy!

Katherine said...

Praying and running here,but sometimes I feel like I do that everyday anyway........

Pixie said...

Salaam alaykom Brandy,
I just want to check that all's good with us, since you haven't written me back, and so I hope you are okay and in the best of health and iman. You are in my du'as. Love Pix

Melissa said...

I would run, I could never chose one of my children over the other. I'd never give one up...

Mina said...

I don't have children yet Inshallah one day, but i swear i would run...no questions asked.

Safiyyah said...

Salaams Brandy:

Please excuse this shameless plug:

http://shaalom2salaam.blogspot.com/2009/03/islamic-writers-alliance-poetry-and.html

Brandy, please make a blog post and advertise this contest? (You can cut-and-paste my post) Of course, I expect you to enter one of your poems or stories, Insha Allah.

There is a cash prize!

JAK Brandy!

PerplxinTexan♥ said...

I feel like everybody is being a bit dramatic the answer is pretty easy/obvious to me. Seeing as how if I indeed lived in the country then i would already be advised of the laws. This to me means that IF I already had one child and wanted another then I would make arrangements accordingly to leave.

It takes about 9 months for babies to come to full term which is ample amount of time to make plans accordingly. Additionally, the government does not MAKE you get pregnant. It's the old "If you don't like it you can leave" type mentality. Sorry but, there's always a way around the system. It's not the government it's the people that are narrow minded.

Sacrifice4Allah said...

As Salaamu 'alaikum Brandy,

Theoretically it seems like a no-brainer. I am not a mother but if i was, there is NOW WAY i would give up one child and keep the other. That is unthinkable! Running would be the only option!

Support Earth Hour March 26, 8:30pm, Turn Off Your Lights!

Earth Hour - Proudly Committed