Followers

2:39 AM

Post your Age if you Dare

Wrote: American Muslima Writer |



How old are you?
Really the truth.



You'd be surprised how old some of your fellow bloggers are. Some youngins seem mature, some elderly seem silly and girly.

When you were a teen and someone called you younger you were insulted and when they said you were older than your age you felt superior. In this world we spend our youth trying to be older and our maturity trying to be younger. Perhaps it's time we all embrace our ages.

I was surprised to learn this week that three of my close blogging sisters just turned 21. Habayeb from A learning Muslimah, Aalia from Chasing Jannah, and Lazeena from Food on my Niqaab? I was truly surprised. These sister are so mature for their age! And it makes me think that although I'm only a few weeks from my quarter century mark I already view 21 as young where I used to see it as the golden age of being an official adult.

Habayeb and I have a slight case of insomnia and spend a few hours each late night (after my kids are in bed) discussing the odd questions of life on MSNMessenger. She was checking out Aalia's post and made me guess her age. I thought long and hard. She was laughing I thought Aalia my age so she must be younger too and she can't be that young if she's taking classes but she's still young that... etc... finally i went with 22. She said just turned 21~~! Whoa!
That means when I was a senior in High School 12th grade, they were still in 8th grade middle school. No way would we have been friends. Very few kids had friends from really higher or lower age groups. Mostly we stayed right around our age plus or minus 2 years. So now blogging (and Islam) have brought us all together in this world called Cyberspace.


So I'm wondering what everyone ages are out there. Surprise us! Put your age and your birth month (and day if you really want).
I'll go first!

I'm 24, will be 25 on April 1st.
Who's next!

52 intelligent thoughts:

Yasemin said...

No way! I knew from Aalia about her age, but had no clue about Lazeena or Habayeb. With their huge knowledge I automatically assumed they were in their 40's. I feel terrible!!

I'm feeling really old now Brandy. You are at my most favorite age when I had Youssef.

Well as you know I'm 30 and will be 31 on November 7th.

Love you!

Sacrifice4Allah said...

I am 24 and i will be 25 April 29th inshaAllah.

Fatou Thioune said...

you are 24444 i thought you were much older. in fact im as surprised as you about others. i guess its good though machallah

Lazeena Umm Yusuf said...

Hey I guessed your age right! =) Funny how a few years ago age meant so much when it came to having friends. I wouldn't be caught with a 'friend' 4 years younger than me lol.

And I'm 20 1/2 by the way, ahem! haha!

Majda said...

I'm 17. Birthday is September 10, 1991.

Anonymous said...

I'm 24, my birthday is in October. I've also been surprised by how young many of the blogging sisters are, 21 seems like such a long time ago!

iMuslimah said...

I acutally had to do the math.....my brain in frazzled these days.

Im 36 1/2 years old LOL.

Empress Anisa said...

Wow, mere youngins.... lol. Geesh, this post made me feel kinds old. Well, Habayeb and Lazeena I figured both to be a little older but Aalia, I was pretty much right on target.

.... as for me, just turned 39 on the 10th- but I still am a young girl at heart! My thing is you're as old as you feel!

Anyhoo, they say 40 is the new 20, ladies... so you have plenty to look forward to! ;)

Can't complain my life as been a blast, Alhumdulillah!!!!!!!!

HF said...

Lisa!!!!!!! FORTY?! ME?! LOL! Geez gal 21 already seems old to me :S

AMW! im not gonna link to ur blog since every1 will know my age now and as its known...u shud never ask a woman her age! haha ok u know what? meet me up and THEN temme how old i look :P (remember the PG 13 incident i told u? :P)

Anonymous said...

Salams,

I am heartened to hear the ages of these bloggers. Young and passionate about Islam. Fantastic.
I am a tad older at 31, but dont let that come between us ;)

Susanne said...

I am 34...but will be 35 on April 30.

:-)

Ms.Unique said...

Assalamualikum, Yes I've dared to disclose my age coz it's no use hiding it loool .... Habayeb's age I knew b4 but U n other sisters I thought were atleast 30 looool ....

And now for my AGE duffs pls dum dadum dum ... 25 going to b 26 in June Insha Allah loooool ;)

Actually when I was 18 ppl thought I was 25 already but now ppl tell me dat I look 15+ looool ... though I'm the same chubby gal as I was then ;)

Yasmeen said...

You write so well for your age.I'm 28:)

My life my story said...

I´m 24 and will be 25 16th of july

Pixie said...

Ha. I guessed EVERYONE's ages but Lazeena's :D I thought you were 25 sis.

I am twenty three I think. I don't celebrate my birthday so I always forget and say 24. But I soon shall be 24. In Islam, Aalia and Habayeb were always older than me, but in endurance LOL I beat ya'll:D Age means nothing once one leaves highschool. When I am very old, I will say I am older, instead of younger, so that way I a always seem at the top of my game. JJKN.:D 30 doesn't seem old to me. Nor does 80. I know an eighty year old woman the drives more than me, and ride camels in Morroco, LOL. She is younger than I am in spirit.

Yasemin said...

Habayeb,

I feel so bad! But, with age comes wisdom dear one! Imagine what kind of knowledge you'll have at age 30, since you already have it in spades!

Anonymous said...

I am 24 years old, and will turn 25 on July 24th.

~Amanda

HF said...

Yeah man go figure! just LIVE ur life to the fullest (halal way ofcourse :P) and forget about numbers. Lisa, lol jazakallah i was just kidding :P

Houda said...

I am 28 and will be 29 on June 18th

And its kind of scary for me this year. I REALLY don't want to be 30

PerplxinTexan♥ said...

I thought you were about 32 and Lisa to be about 26 and Habayeb to be about 23

So..I'm going to kindly keep my age to myself but, to Lisa you are my soulmate.

We were born in the same city of the same state on the same month and on the same day.....

creeppppy.

Safiyyah said...

Auntie Safiyyah is 60!!!

Snow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Interesting how your responders are all in the twenties and occasional thirties. Does that mean that most of your readers are in that age group, or that some of us are relcutant to post our ages?

As for me, let's just say that I am a grandmother three times!

Anonymous said...

salam, i would love to say i am 27, thats how old i was when i said shahada in a masjid, and seeing as we dont celebrate birthdays its makes me feel young but really i am 33 cries tears into tissue lol..

Susie of Arabia said...

Aw come on, Marahm! Tell us!!!
I thought I was going to claim to be the oldest blogger on earth, but then I saw that dear Safiyyah has me beat! Way to go, Safiyyah!
Ok, here it is: I am 57 and my birthday is October 19. I am a grandmother of 2.

Safiyyah said...

Yeah, Susie - I had to change my name to "Auntie Safiyyah" with all these youngins' in the blog world :)

American Muslima Writer said...

LisaYasemin! Masha'Allah see isn't it amazing how some are just more mature mentally!

Masha'Allah so you need to do a post for me about how you feel in your 30s now compared to how life looked in the 20s. You know a preview for us 20 peeps.
In fact I suggest all you bloggers do taht. Make a post about how your views on life changed for each decade you got older.

American Muslima Writer said...

Sacrifice 4 Allah:
Yay my age! And a April to boot! Woo Hooo!
Hehehe

American Muslima Writer said...

Habibiti! LOL me older! hehehe aww thanks. Lol Alhamdulillah.
You didn't post ur age tho?!?!?
tsk tsk tsk... heheh j/k.

American Muslima Writer said...

Lazeena, lol subhanAllah I think when you get mid 20s you stop caring about how old anyone is. i think it's an obsession for younger people always looking forward to attaining their majorities.

Lol blame Hab for my wrong info on your age SORRY! ;) And what month/day do you turn the special 21 then?

American Muslima Writer said...

Majda! 17! Wow thats where I was when i first converted to islam. SubhanAllah. You'll be learning sooo much more about dealing with real life in the next years to come and it's gonna be fun I'm sure for you.





*arg daughter woke up gotta get her back to bed then continue replying to all...* Be right back i hope!

American Muslima Writer said...

Megan, subhanAllah 21 does seem like ages ago. It's amazing how much one can go through in just a year or two taht changes your whole life.

American Muslima Writer said...

imuslimah u surprised me for real I thought you were mid to late 20s. Lol don't know why I had that in my head!

American Muslima Writer said...

Anisa, Lol congrats then on reaching the "new 20s" next year lol. Masha'Allah I didn't guess this age for you. I though you also were late 20s or early 30s.
Masha'Allah Your right you're as old as you feel for better or for worse lol.

American Muslima Writer said...

Hab LOL insha'Allah we meet hehehe.
LOL u @ forty... well see how you look then..perhaps 21?

American Muslima Writer said...

GaribaStranger Lol no worries numbers never come between me and my friends anymore.
And yes it's fabulous that many are young and passioante but also that we are all ages and still passioante. Alhamdulillah!

American Muslima Writer said...

Susanne! Yay another April!!
Hehehe! Thanks for sharing too!

American Muslima Writer said...

Unique:
Lol whats with people thinking I'm in 30s hehehe. alhamdulillah i take it as a compliment.
Masha'Allah 26! How's it feel to be over half century? i heard people have a mid life crisis at mid 20s now. Do you feel you've had yours yet? Lol I've been feeling mine coming on....oh the drama...

American Muslima Writer said...

Thanks Yasmin! masha'Allah 28 is a great number.

American Muslima Writer said...

Masha'Allah we are the same Cecilia. You have the same date as my father hehehe.

American Muslima Writer said...

Pixie: Hehehehe I wish I'm like that at 80 too!
i wanna live to be 100 insha'Allah just to knwo what a whole cetury feels like. And so I can say wahtever I want and poeple take it as the ultamate wisdom coming from a 100 year old person...hehehe
masha'Allah I loved the feel of 23, right on that cusp.

American Muslima Writer said...

Amanda HAHAHAHAHA I first read the date and did a double take and was like Ohh i have a friend with that date! Then i read your name and was like Oh Whoops You are that friend! HEHEHEE
Silly me!
Lol your birthdays are certainly unforgettable ones...

American Muslima Writer said...

MyHijab, I KNOW!! There is sooo much I wanna do too and have accomplished before thirty too!! i thought 20's lasted sooo long but they are rushign by all to fast!
SLOWWW DOWN!!!

American Muslima Writer said...

LOL Perplexin! Common be brave girl share it!

WOW that is soo weird about you and Lisa Yasemin!

It made me think that you ought to exchange hospital info who knows maybe your fathers were standing side by side cooing at their newborns who were in cribs next to each other. Never knowing years later their daughters would meet on something called the internet...

OoooOooo mind boggling!!

American Muslima Writer said...

SAF!!! Please grace us more with your pearls of wisdom!!!
Don't leave us mewling babes to stumble blind.
Please post more about the wisdoms you've gainied over the decades!

American Muslima Writer said...

Nisa, Masha'Allah WELCOME!

Lol me a babay! hehehe i bet your sister is capable of a lot then.
MashaAllah 29! Right on the cusp of 30....!!!! How are you feeling about that?

American Muslima Writer said...

Marahm i'd say most of us younger are just not afraid to post it lol.
So why are you afraid to post YOURS?
Hmm ur gonna make me have to guess? Alright then.... hmmmm if Saf is 60, Suzie 57 then I'm gonna stick you with somewhere between 55-60 and take a stab at 56? how close am i?

American Muslima Writer said...

minty masha'allah 33 is the age we will be in Jannah insha'Allah! i'm striving to do waht I can to settle my life by this age. hehehe. well as settled as life gets....

American Muslima Writer said...

Susie! thanks for adding yours! I'm glad you were brave to own up to it. i think 50 is a lovely age to be. have had lots of expereince but still many years left insha'Allah!
I second you! Marahm fess up!

American Muslima Writer said...

Lol Saf better to call you Auntie Saf than american style of Granny Saf.... hehehe

*ducks down*


Shout out to NASI the Angry Muslimah.... girl take two minutes from your cuties to post your age, I'm curious!!!!!

American Muslima Writer said...

Yay my first 50 comments post! Erm it helped that I replied to you one by one Muahahahaha jsut to stretch it out hehehee.
Ok so I cheated a bit but I jsut have to try!

Browngurl said...

When I took my real age test it said i was 16 haha, NOT! Although i will sadly admit that i do live like a teenage boy. The other day a sister asked me if was graduating from high school this year sigh... Yeah i graduated alright, like 10 years ago... But the browgurl is aging well ahumdulilah! So to answer your other question, you know your blog is a mix of profound musing, randomness and the artsy fartsy. I think that's a good discription, hehe!

Support Earth Hour March 26, 8:30pm, Turn Off Your Lights!

Earth Hour - Proudly Committed